SKELTON HORTICULTURAL AND AGRICULTURAL
SOCIETY HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY - INTRODUCTION
The Society (from 2009) hold an annual show on the first Saturday of July at Old Park, Hutton in the Forest (off the B5305 Penrith to Wigton Road 4 miles west of the M6 Junction 41) on land owned by Lord Inglewood. The Rules and Regulations of the society are reviewed annually and published in the List of Premiums. The Society is run by a committee of volunteers to promote the interest of horticulture and agriculture.
The Society acknowledges its responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to provide and maintain, so far as it is reasonably practical, a safe environment during the setting up, running and dismantling of the Show.
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of health and safety
- To ensure the many stakeholders understand and comply with our requirements
- To ensure safe plant and equipment is provided and suitability maintained
- To ensure the safe handling and use of substances
- To provide information, instruction and training to Committee members
- To prevent accidents
- To maintain safe and healthy conditions
- To review and revise this policy before each show
Details about Health and Safety are kept in the Health and Safety files which is
deposited in the Secretaries Tent on Show day. The full policy can be